U.S. Officials Argue Against More Troops
WASHINGTON - Faced with rising numbers of attacks, sabotage and foreign terrorists, U.S. officials on Sunday rejected sending more American troops to stabilize Iraq but said they would welcome additional help from other countries.
I can see it now:
Sound of phone number being dialed
Colin Powell: Hi, France? Yeah it’s me Colin. How’ve you been?...
Yeah, this summer has sure been hot...
Really? Oh, you took all that stuff seriously? You mean that American Fries business?!
Oh, that was nothing, yeah...
No really, you know how George can be sometimes...
Well... yeah...
No that’s why I’m not sticking around for a second term...
No...
No, I don’t like it either...
Listen, I wanted to ask you. You know he really wasn’t serious. Really. Well, we could really use your help on this, you know?...
Yeah, just a couple thousand.
How long?
Hmmmm... I don’t know he doesn’t really seem to sure.
Clicking noise as phone is hung up
France... France? You there?
Dial tone noise
Mumbling:Now, where did I put Germany and Russia’s numbers?
Always nice to have a foreign policy that doesn’t really think through objectives. Nation building is a tough business and it doesn’t happen in six months, you’re lucky if you can do it in six years and we don’t have that kind of attention span as a nation.
No comments:
Post a Comment